I would agree that the bobbin has definitely been rebeaded, I've compared it with some of the Haskins bobbins in my own collection and I think it is old.

The spots at the spangle end, which would have been large and colourful on a Haskins bobbin, are worn down to mere dots, the spangle looks contemporary with the bobbin and there is the green stain around the drilled hole, it has lost a lot of the original turning crispness but more conclusive is the fine groove on the small neck which only come from thread wear.

I wonder if it has been cleaned/washed which would account for its fresh shiny appearance.

Diana in a cold Northamptonshire