Hi Lacemakers,
  Although I have done quite a bit of bucks point I have a question regarding
pattern 1`7 Muriel, page 42 in A Visual Introduction to Buckspoint Lace by
Geraldine Stott.  I thought this would be so simple, especially as it has a
good diagram and a written explanation.  My question is right at the beginning.
 It shows 3 lots of 2 pairs on the top false picot.  2 pairs work to the right
and 2 pairs to the left through the other false picot threads on either side
but there is no explanation of what happens to the last 2 pairs.  The diagram
does not show that pair at all.  Has anyone done this pattern and knows what to
do with them?  Adding up the pairs shown does come to the correct number of 38
pairs, so they must be used somewhere.  Am I right to assume that they become
extra passives going around the perimeter of the circle?
  Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/