On Jan 9, 2006, at 16:26, Patricia Ann Fisher wrote:

Has anyone else gotten their IOLI Bulletin yet? Just got mine today. Studying the convention info, wishing I could find some way to justify going to it!

Mine came today also; haven't yet had much time to look at it, as I've been trying to catch up with the 2-day backlog created by some glitch at my provider's (I think that's what it was; it came un-announced, and it went away without my doing anything, like 24hr flu <g>). There are some _super_ 24 hr classes on offer (the only ones I'm willing to contemplate, since I'll have to fly with the equipment) to use as an excuse, if you're looking for one (as I am)... :)

I chickened out of the math for the time being ("I'll think about it tomorrow", like Scarlett <g>), once I saw the numbers for the registration and for the hotel room (15.2% in tax? On top of U$150? Ouch <g>)

At least one doesn't have to send in the application till March 1... :) By which time, the Canadian elections -- which seem to be riding, mostly, on anti-US sentiments -- will be long over, and we might know how easy/difficult it will be for us to enter the country (will the new government give us tit for tat?)...

Yours, in unseasonably balmy (62F in daytime) Lexington, VA, enjoying the (relative) silence of the heater; every penny not spent on keeping warm through the winter might get applied to the Montreal trip :)
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/