Steph writes
>Flanders has so many worker exchanges where 4 bobbins cross
>the gimp, that a coloured gimp shows up as a dotted line

While talking of coloured lace - a couple of years ago, I started
a simple piece of Torchon and found I didn't have the right thickness
in Perle for the gimp.   I was going to double the Perle I had, when
I thought why not wind single on two bobbins, and work the gimp
a la Russian tape lace, with the workers going through a pair of
gimps instead of the gimp being trapped down.   The results were
great, and I've always done my Torchon gimps that way since.
The gimp really stands out.

I've mentioned this before, just thought I'd add my pennysworth
for new spiders.

Noelene in Cooma
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/