Can anyone tell me the best way to change a photo into a Cross stitch/filet lace pattern, please?

I am sure it is not at easy as getting the photo printed onto graph paper!! Life is Never that easy, -- is it? (said Hopefully!!! :)) )

Cross stitch patterns transfer into filet lace Very well, so if anyone had done that for cross stitch, I could use the same method.

Thanks.
Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz, where it is a bit cooler today. Yesterday was 42.4C or 107F - with High humidity!! [EMAIL PROTECTED]