Here is a tiny URL.  http://tinyurl.com/7j3s2  it works.  BarbE
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Barb ETx
  To: Patricia Dowden ; lace
  Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:25 PM
  Subject: Re: [lace] Oya & reticella laces

  You can find it here;
  http://stores.ebay.com.sunnymailbox   the book have I optained from here.
the
  dealer is Suzan Caliskan., very dependable.  My book is :
  http://cgi.ebay.com/TURKISH-ANTIQUE-LACE-NEEDLEWORK-OYA-HOW-TO-DO-BOOK_W0QQ
it
  emZ8240273063QQcategoryZ19158QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
  X-RARE

  Title: Oya Culture Since Ottomans (Osmanlidan Günümüze Oyalar  )

  Author, Prep. , Trans., etc: Taciser Onuk; Translated into English by
Barbara
  Blackwell Gulen

  ISBN: 975-17-2451-1

  Genre: Art
  Edition: First printing
  Year of Publication: 2000

  Dewey Decimal No: 746,4
  Size: 28 cm.x 20 cm.
  Number of Pages: 283, with colour pages

  regards,

  BarbE

  snip

  Hi Spiders,

  I just read somewhere, probably in eBay where someone sells a 2 volume set
  about Turkish Oya.  In Turkish, Oya simply means decoration or ornament, so
  the choice of weapon is left to the "decorator".

  Patty