> I think brooches (pins) might be nice, too; ...Sew them onto those small
> safety pins..

Nice idea!

> The thing about items made for frundraisers is that it's all pure
> profit for the organization...So, even if the item sells for very little
> (say, 10 cents
> an hour of your time, not counting the materials <g>)...

I would agree, especially if the lace items are quickly and simply made.
*If there is the market that will support*, it is better for the
charity, and for the status of lace, if we would sell at better price
(e.g. bookmarks for $20 and $30, that take an afternoon or two to make
but, one hopes, look like 'a million dollars.'). In the ways of
consumerism, more people are  likely to pay top dollar where all the $
goes to charity, than would buy the lace privately (i.e. as profit for
the lacemaker).
However, if you live in an area where people tend to watch their
wallets, your market will determine the price, and it might have to be
lower in order for the charity to gain anything by lace sales.

a few cents' worth from
--
Bev in Sooke BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)
Cdn. floral bobbins