I got my Lace magazine today.  I haven't seen anything on the lace digest yet.
I did a quick glance through it, then settled down to the book reviews.  One is
by Steph Peters on a tatting book I had not heard of, another is a review of
Brenda Paternosters latest issue of the Threads book which I have and is
getting well used.  I did notice a pattern by Jane Partrdige and an article by
Jean Leader and Ilske Thomsen which is my next read.  I am sure there may be
other Arachne listed in this issue as there are a number of the lacemaker
census labels in it including one with a spider by Cathy Bell.

  Maybe I will spend the evening reading about lace instead of listening to the
State of the Union address by George.  Can't stand the many minutes lost to the
standing ovations.  Like most programs, if you cut out the adverts, they only
last 40 minutes instead of an hour.  Maybe they should ask the audience to hold
their applause until the end and then the whole program would be a lot shorter.
 Its worse than the Oscars, but at least then you get to see the beautiful
people!!
  Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/