Margot
I think if you read the messages that come in on Christmas Day or New Year's Day (or tracked Santa as he visits round the world) you will find the messages come in first from Australia and New Zealand and then move round through Europe to North America. So that is the order you will need to follow if you want it all to be on the same date.

We enjoy phoning my parents in England at 6pm our time on December 31st as a voice from last year! it is then midnight in the UK on January 1st.

Sue (in Chicago)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Margot Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I'm not an expert, but I think that if we all want to be making lace on the same date and because of the international date line, the relay would have to start in Australia and move next to North America. Maybe one of our Australian friends, who is probably more used to dealing with the date line and it's effects, could clear this up?

Margot Walker in Halifax on the east coast of Canada