you can allso use gras if you have a lawn, just leave on the lawn after ´cutting to dry, collect and stuff your pillow.
Dorte
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna Hrynkiw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 1:38 AM
Subject: [lace] Straw-Filled Pillows

For years I've been reading about how early lace pillows were stuffed with
straw and have been curious about how they would differ from our modern
pillows.

I've decided that I want to make a reproduction 17th century bobbin lace
pillow. Does anyone have any advice, suggestions or thoughts to share on
making a straw-filled pillow?

Does anyone have any idea what KIND of straw? I know there is a big
difference between wheat straw and barley straw and oat straw.

Donna in Surrey B.C. Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.