Another possibility with ebay. I'm in the US and have occasionally been
alerted to an ebay item that says in the listing the UK seller will ship
only to the UK. Assuming there's time, I have written to the seller and
asked if they would be willing to ship to the US (and if so, what the
shipping cost would be). Paypal is an easy way for a US buyer to pay the
seller in GBP. There are other ways, too, though--there are international
money orders, wire transfers, etc. There are, of course, fees attached to
these methods, but it is do-able.

In my case, every UK seller I've written to has said, sure, I'll ship to the
US. I don't know why they limit themselves, when, as Alice wrote, the
selling price goes way up when they open their sale to the rest of the
world.

Barbara Joyce

Snoqualmie, WA
USA