Margot said""Instead of a stand to hold the frame, I take a leaf out of my dining
room table and lay the frame over the opening.  Works like a charm!""

What a clever idea! - but doesn't it bother your back as you lean over it?

I have a 14 inch quilting hoop on a U frame which sits on my lap, and that will have to do for starters, - till I decide if I Really like doing it. I know of the frames you are talking about, Margot. Embroidery or tapestry frames are like that, I think.

Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz