Brenda Paternoster wrote:

Hello Jenny

Just where did you find that gadget?
I have similar fingernails.

Brenda

On 11 Mar 2006, at 19:33, Jenny Barron wrote:

Just discovered a new lace tool today. I bought a needle tugger meant for pulling needles through thick fabric and spotted the potential for pulling pins out of the pillow - I'd use tweezers but it puts my teeth on edge - it's basically a thin plastic tube you put over the pin and pinch and then pull out. I suffer from nails that peel and shred when I pull out any quantity of pins so I think this is going to save my nails
  jenny barron
  Scotland
I use a pinlifter so raise the pins up from the pillow. All the suppliers, as we know, have them. Alternatively you can make your own.Get a large darning needle, saw through the eye half way down and then buff it smooth. The cut end can then be bent, put into a holder and you get a smaller,smoother end to go under the pin and between it and the lace. The needle itself can then be cut to fit into the holder. Sheila in sunny Sawbo'

Brenda
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/