> CTC makes woven fabric, so one of its names is cloth stitch.  Those
> places where BL is done with linen thread call it linen stitch.  The

When I first took lace 'lessons' ages ago, my teacher whose own
learning had been in Holland told us CTCT = linen stitch :(

I find the terminology so disorganized that I prefer to use the
lettering, e.g. 'work CTC'

Bev in Sooke BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)
Cdn. floral bobbins  www.woodhavenbobbins.com
blogging lace at www.looonglace.blogspot.com