Good Morning Arachnes,

Tamara, I think you would find that the exchange rate that Visa would charge you would be about the same as what Paypal charges you. When we first moved to the US and checked into using our US visa cards for foreign currency purchases the 'hidden' fees were somewhere about 2-1/2% so I continued to use my Canadian Visa for foreign currency purchases because it did not have the hidden charges. Unfortunately about two years ago my Canadian Visa also decided it needed that little extra so it doesn't matter which card I use now. What I mean by hidden charges is that in the exchange rate they use includes an extra 2-1/2% and it doesn't appear as an extra charge. Maybe you have a better Visa account that doesn't charge a fee - you'd have to check your user agreement

Cindy Rusak - in sunny, almost looking like spring, Wisconsin.