Dear Friends,
I have my own copy of the 1851 census for the Isle of Wight, Hampshire and
there are hundreds of lace-makers listed there, many of whom are men.
Unfortunately, I think you'll find that they were all making machine -made
lace.
David in Ballarat

Oh don't miss the list of Bedfordshire lacemakers too.
http://www.lacefairy.com/Lace/LaceArt/20bucks.htm
Lori Howe
http://lace.lacefairy.com