Dear Liz,
I have a similar story to you - my Great grandmother made lace but she was
born in Kirkmabreck, Scotland about 1835 and at the time of the 1851 census
she was listed as a scholar aged 16.  I would dearly like to know if she
made lace as a living or just indulged as we do.  Please, is there a
Lacemakers' Census for Scotland?
The two census lists of both Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire lacemakers was
a talking point when I took them along to a Family History Meeting last
Saturday.

Yes, we should have listened more to our elders and the stories they had to
tell.
Greetings from Ina who lives near the 'most easterly point in Australia" -
Byron Bay