Hi Spiders,
  We had a great workshop last weekend at L.A.C.E. with Jean Leader.  She
taught both Bucks and Beds.  By now she is probably home and relaxing or doing
her laundry.

  I finished my Beds Butterfly today.  I did the one that is on the cover of
her Beds book produced by the Lace Guild.  I was driving home after two days
lacemaking when I realised that I had finished the body on the top and Jean had
shown me how to finish a wing on the underside.  I had two wrong sides!!
Luckily I was able to undo the knots holding my bunch of ends on the body and
with a needle I was able to pass the tying ends through to the other side of
the work.  I made sure I could undo the knots before finishing the second wing.
 My alternative was to discard the body and do another one by sewing into the
wings.  There was no way I was going to abandon the wing as it had some decent
leaf talleys in it.

  If you ever have a chance to take a class with Jean make sure you do.  I
think everyone learnt something.  I was waiting for the other Arachne members
to report our progress and I know Sylvie Nyguen finished her Beds bookmark and
was redoing it with a different thread, plus Susie Johnson completed her Bucks
project.  Mine is framed and ready for show and tell at our lace meeting on
Saturday.

  Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/