I was recently given a book on "Linen Cut-Work" by Onone Cave. It was the gift-giver's Mother's book, and as she was not into NL she thought I might give it a good home, - rather than throw it away! (Could I Ever!!! :)) )

Chapter 2 is titled "The Nineteenth-century Revival" and is about John Ruskin, and the Lake District, lacemakers. It then goes on with how to make the lace, with the stitches, instructions, and patterns, so is quite a good book.

I have not worked from it yet, - but it is on my "to do" list!
Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz