Thank you for this Elaine, I have been away for over a week so only just got
to look at it.  I enjoyed looking and between you all have a few good ideas to
think through between now and the time I finally choose and get going.
We have got very busy with a couple of other important things around the house
and will choose what decorations will best suit our time and the hall within
the next couple of months.   Lots of work to be done.
Sue T, Dorset UK


  >My husband and I are planning and preparing to dress a small hall for the
  >local old people in a victorian style christmas decoration.
  >I am thinking of adding a lace piece but don't know what would be best to
do.
  >My mind keeps thinking perhaps some sort of special star decoration, or
candle
  >type pieces to decorate the christmas tree.
  >Does anyone else have any ideas which might help me.  Obviously Prince
Albert
  >started many traditions from his home country when he married Victoria.
At the Lace Museum, we decorate Christmas trees with balls that have lace on
them.  We also sell these balls in December; you can see them on the Museum
web page,  www.thelacemuseum.org.  They are very beautiful but fitting the
lace onto a ball requires skill and some knowledge of hand stitching
techniques.

You start by cutting out small motifs from the lace you have and gluing them
on the balls.  If there are two or three small motifs, it is necessary to join
them by sewing.

One of our volunteers  also decorates balls with strips of tatting.  You
could also use pieces of tape lace .

Our balls will be on sale at the Museum  in November  when the Christmas
display is put up.  However, I think we can fill orders for them now, if
anyone needs early Christmas balls.

Elaine Merritt
The Lace Museum
552 S. Murphy Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
408 730 4695

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to