And 39 of them are described as bone/ivory. I've just got home from Upchurch lace Day where David Springett was the speaker and he said that in all of his experience he's only seen ONE antique bobbin that was made of ivory! Maybe that's why they are attracting such a nice price.

Looks like a genuine collection of old bobbins but nothing spectacular. Pity the photos were taken at such an acute angle - impossible to see exactly what's in the lot, but an average of more than 10 GBP per bobbin does seem a bit steep.

A VERY RARE CHANCE TO BUY A LARGE COLLECTION OF ANTIQUE LACE BOBBINS TO INCLUDE 39 BONE / IVORY EXAMPLES ALL WITH THERE BEADS AND 56 TREEN EXAMPLES ALSO WITH ALL THERE BEADS PLEASE DO NOT NOT TO MANY QUESTIONS REGARD TO THIS LOT MY KNOWLEDGE IS LIMITED ALL I CAN SAY THERE ARE FROM A GENUINE HOUSE CLEARANCE AND TOTALLY GENUINE VERY RARE CHANCE.

Brenda