After a 14 month hiatus from making lace, I finally sat down to my
lace pillow last weekend to start the intertwined hearts from
"Weddings, christening and Anniversaries in Lace".  It will be part of
a wedding present for my brother.  I figured the pattern looked easy
and I should have no problems finishing it.  Now I am starting to
worry.  I have only completed one torchon lace piece ever and that was
6 years ago.  It's very slow going, and although I think I have the
pattern figured out, I still consult the chart in the book often - I
can't afford to make a mistake (time-wise).  This will be a
Sunday-only project, since I have no time to make lace during the
week.  My boss also just handed me a review to write in my "spare
time", which will have to be done on Sundays as well.  Also, we leave
for the wedding in early July.  There are not that many Sundays left!
If worst comes to works, I can give them only one heart, or I can make
both of them and give it to him for their first wedding anniversary.
I would like to finish it though.  Other than that, it's nice to be
making bobbin lace again - husband was starting to wonder if I would
ever get back to it!

Kristina
PA, USA