Interesting article on the nottingham lace industry:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/legacies/work/england/nottingham/article_1.shtml

written by Sheila Mason, who, I understand, is one of the leading authorities on Nottinghm lace.

I believe anything referred to as "Nottingham lace" is machine made and can be made anywhere provided it is made on the original Nottingham lace machines. Even if made in Nottingham, it isn't "Nottingham lace" if it isn't made on one of these machines.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK