From: Janice Blair
To: Malvary J Cole
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 7:08 PM
Subject: Re: [lace] Montreal (DP)

Yes, they are for everyone.  Usually your Area Rep and the guilds in her area
will get together somewhere to introduce themselves and share any information
about lace days and other activities.  I know that some Area Reps are not
going to be at this convention as Louise Colgan asked my group to take over
for Northern and Central Area Reps.  I used to give this a miss when I first
went to convention but now feel that it is part of being a member of IOLI and
attend this as well as the Annual Meeting.  Every member should go to that so
that they are assured of having enough people present to take votes.  I
remember once when they had to go running around the bedrooms to get a quorum
which didn't happen so the voting had to be delayed for a year.

If there are other programs offered, they are for everyone, so don't miss the
teachers showcase if there is one.  It is an event where you can see what
teachers have to offer in the present workshops and other laces they might
teach.  This year will be a smaller convention because of expense for a lot of
people, but get to as many things as you can.  Shopping is a must on Sunday.
We usually race around the sales room to see who has the best commemorative
bobbin, but this might not take too long this year as a number of U.S. vendors
will not be there. Your lace homework can wait!  There are 5 of us going this
year and we enjoy having drink in our rooms whilst working on our lace.  Hope
there is a supermarket in walking distance as we usually cater our breakfast
and lunch on most days to keep the costs down.  I am sure you will have a good
time and I look forward to meeting everyone.
Janice

Malvary J Cole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  As a newbie going to an IOLI meeting for the first time, what are Area
  meetings - are they for everyone?

  Thanks

  Malvary in Ottawa