"Maxine Diffey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Some time ago there was a thread on Shetland Island lace knitting
>history, and I recall going onto a website with some exquisite photos on
>it. can anyone recall the site?

That was probably the Shetland Museum website.  Unfortunately I just went
to my bookmark

http://www.shetland-museum.org.uk/

and got a page that said,

"This web site belongs to a customer of Total Web Solutions
and is currently under construction!  Our customers can find full
instructions on publishing their web site in the technical support area.
Thank you for visiting."

Ouch!  You might be able to get at part of it via the Internet Archive /
Wayback Machine, but unfortunately that drops off most of the pictures.

http://tinyurl.com/ql9na

Lynn Carpenter in SW Michigan, USA
alwen at i2k dot com
http://lost-arts.blogspot.com/