Hi all,
I asked a couple of days ago about a pattern for some Lily of the Valley. I
have remembered now where the pattern came from that my friend had some
years ago. It was a bride's bouquet made up entirely of flowers made in
lace. Roses, hyacinth pips and Lily of the valley, I think too there might
have been stephanotis and one or two other flowers but can't remember it
all.
The bouquet was made by the members of the Itchen Valley Lace Makers and I
managed to find an address and phone number for the group by googling for
them. I phoned the number and the lady I spoke to said that they no longer
had a copy of the pattern, I had asked if I could buy a copy. She said the
bouquet was made by the group for one of the members who was getting married
and that they entered it into the John Bull Trophy Competition run by the
Lace Guild.
I have been in touch with the Lace Guild to ask if they have a copy of the
pattern. I thought that the Lace Guild produced a book of the best patterns
of items entered into the JOhn Bull competition, perhaps I am wrong. I
would have thought that the bouquet would have been amongst the best items
for that particular year. I am waiting to see if the Lace Guild librarian
can come up with anything.
It was a beautiful thing as I remember it, though I saw the pattern about
10 years ago now, so not surprising that no one knows what I am talking
about today.
Regards
Jenny DeAngelis.
Spain.
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]