From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Jenny De Angelis
Sent: 11 July 2006 15:06
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Arachne mailing list
Subject: [lace] finishing a garter

HI Nicky,

thankyou very much for the idea about using Shirring Elastic for the
garter,
it sounds a very good way to do it, anything has to be better than the
ordinary elastic and trying to hide it behind a length of ribbon, it
never
seems to work. I have a couple of months to get the garter finished by
so
will use your idea.  I think I even have some white shirring elastic at
the
bottom of my sewing box.

Many Thanks.
Jenny DeAngelis.
Spain.

Hi Jenny
Both my husband and I have now made several wedding garters. The method
use for finishing them off is this. I use shirring elastic and run
ribbon
only through the middle section. The shirring elastic is carefully sewn
along both edges of lace next to the middle, once stitched I then
carefully
pull up the shirring elastic so that the garter is gathered and then
knot
the ends of shirring elastic and cut off the excess (which I use for
other