Hi Malvary,

Thankyou for giving me the issue of Lace that the bouquet appeared in. I have sent a message to the lady I am in contact with at the Lace Guild and told her which issue and will have to wait to see if she or the librarian can come up with anything.

I do remember reading the details of the bouquet on the copy of the pattern that my friend had all those years ago. The colours mentioned made it sound gorgeous even though the sketch on the front cover was black and white you could picture it in your minds eye.

Regards
Jenny DeAngelis.
Spain.

Just went and found the issue of the Lace magazine (#37 Spring 1985) and
found a picture of the John Bull Trophy Award (1984) at the English Lace
School.  There was also a write up about the Itchen Valley Lacemakers group.

The wedding bouquet bouquet was worked in cream and apricot: 3 roses with
leaves; 17 stephanotis, 14 hyacinth pips, and 5 lily of the valley.  40
members took part and it took them 400 hours. It was made in 50 Sylko thread
because there was a wide enough colour range to get a close blending of the
colours.  There was also an open strip of lace threaded with the ribbon.

It says that they were planning to make up a booklet with full
instructions - don't know how to find out if that was ever done.

Malvary in Ottawa