This is listed as being for Teneriffe lace making, but I would think that it would be very awkward to work with the frame around the outside. Looks as if you'd be working down inside it. What are the hinges at the corners for? If you took it out of the frame, surely it would bend at the hinges. I think it's very strange as I haven't seen anything like it before. Any suggestions?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270008471945&fromMakeTrack=true

tinied:

http://tinyurl.com/odtgj

or search for item number 270008471945