In a message dated 7/16/06 9:02:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Dear Antje and the list,
>
> I have a book, paperbook, that I bought at a lace day here years ago
> called "International Lace Dictionary". It was pulished in Gent/Ghent in
> 1994. I have the address in the book where orders coul/can be places for
> copies, but I can't guarantee that the address is current, contact me if
> you are interested. There is no ISBN number to quote as I believe it was
> published privately or something.

Dear Arachnes,

The book has been updated since 1994.  The 1998 edition includes Parts I and
II.  It is by Edith Spee, Ineke van den Kieboom, and Johan Coene, and can
probably be obtained from the usual lace book dealers or Johan Coene.
http://users.belgacom.net/coene
Click on the book shown on the right on the home page.

I think mine was purchased from a lace book dealer in the U.S. for about $25,
which included the shipping from Europe.  Costs a lot less than it would to
take many language lessons!

The edition I have says (C) Copyright Voorbehoude

English is compared with:
French
German
Dutch
Spanish
Catalan
Italian
Portuguese
88 pages
---------------
Danish
Swedish
Finnish
Hungarian
Czech
Russian
Japanese
91 pages
All spiral-bound in one volume measuring 8 1/4" x 5 3/4".  1/2" thick.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center