Andre & Aliki Fyros
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006
From: andre fyros <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This is to all the OIDFA members who were in Greece. I know you will remember Despina in her bright turquoise dress going to all the lectures and meetings and being a constant presence at the Congress. Her strength and courage are a beacon for us all.

For those who never met her, I met her in Finland and it was there, ten years ago, that Despina's dream was born. She wanted all the world to know Greek lacemakers and for Greek lacemakers to know all the world. She worked unceasingly to bring this about, going to mayors of lacemakiing villages, appealing for funds from any who would help, traveling to OIDFA meetings, organizing every detail of the Congress itself, and on and on. And all of this after she had been diagnosed with terminal cancer a couple of years ago. She lived long enough to realize her dream. The world is a better place because of her.

Tess ([EMAIL PROTECTED])