Hello Rosemary and all

Are you on broadband? If so get a 4 port router, that way you can network both (or all) machines - Mac, PC, Unix, RISCOS or whatever. That to me was an unexpected bonus of getting broadband installed. If required both machines can be on-line to different sites at the same time.

With networked machines you can drag files from one machine to the other. If you can save any lace designs done on the PC as .pdf (or other common filetype) you'll be able to open them, but not edit, on the Mac.

Alternatively think about a new Intel Mac that will run Windows.  ££££

Brenda