Hello all,

Now that I see pictures of the machines, thanks Ann-Marie I remember my aunt
in Denmark doing that with her tablecloths.  It was a huge machine and there
would be two of them, one on either side of the machine.  I believe it was
done by hand.....with some kind of weight, it seems to me that it was a wooden
contraption......I was about 12 (35 years ago) when I saw this, so you can
imagine the memory is not clear.

The tablecloth would be folded in half and mangled, then folded in half again
the opposite way, and mangled again......it was very important the creases
were done correctly.  Now I'm curious if the next generation still use it????

I wish I could be there to see the demo......

Irene Whitham