Hi,

I was reading the introduction to my book "Birds and Animals in Honiton Lace"
by Saikoh Takano as I am (finally!) planning on making my first piece from that
book.  Anyway, in the introduction it mentions the Royal Albert Memorial Museum
and the Sidmouth Museum and their "splendid collections of animal motifs in
lace".  I looked on the web and, though I found a little bit about each of the
museums Saikoh mentions, there didn't seem to be any mention of the lace he
refers to.  Does anyone have any knowledge of these collections including
whether they are still there?  Any information would be gratefully received as
I really like such lace - this was the first lace book I ever bought, back in
the mid-1990s, even though I had absolutely no idea how to make any of it :-)

Thanks in advance,

Helen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) in Richmond, BC on the west coast of mainland Canada
where it has been another sunny day though it is now the middle of the night!