Greetings fellow "I'm Not In Montreal"ers!

As the list is still very quiet, I will bore you with my summer story ...

Having not made any lace for about 3 years, I am happy to report that I have
managed to make 5 different pieces this summer.  Of course it has been helped
by my being laid off from my job (company shutting down our site) so instead of
100 hour weeks at work, I have been idle (apart from 1 week supposedly studying
for my Project Management Professional qualification at the end of June) for 7
weeks now.  I have been busy doing major garden renovations and various
household chores as well with lace just left for a few late evenings.

I have made a 'Honiton Bobbin' and a Seahorse, both as part of the Honiton lace
classes taught by my sister Susan, firstly in Portland, Oregon and then in
Vancouver, BC.  I then made a tap leaf, again in Honiton lace, from 'Honiton
Lace Patterns' by Elsie Luxton.  My two INIM pieces made this week have been my
contributions to our (my two sisters and I) gift for our parents' golden
wedding anniversary on 1st September.  My eldest sister, Sarah, is painting a
picture (some sort of rural scene, I think) while Susan is making a Honiton
butterfly based on an Elsie Luxton design.  For my contributions, I have made
two pieces.  The first, a wire lace butterfly (which I have named Bertie) based
on a design from 'The Enchanted Lace' book by Ann Margaret Keller, a book I won
at Portland :-).  The second piece, which I have named Cyril, is based on the
caterpillar from the Umbellifer pattern in 'Further Steps in Honiton Lace' by
Susanne Thompson.  I have to send them off to England thi
 s weekend to be attached to the picture - there won't be time when I arrive
for the party - so I hope they get there safely.  Okay, so the five pieces
combined probably only take up about 2 square inches, but still!  I hope to get
started on another piece this weekend, and, depending on when I get another
job, I might even start my 5 metre piece in the next month or so ...

Thanks for getting this far!

Helen (in Richmond, BC, on the west coast of mainland Canada - apparently the
10th happiest country in which to live - where there is still no rain so I
suppose I'd better go and water the plants)