At 05:03 AM 28/07/2006, Miriam wrote:
At one occasion a member of the class came up with a wonderful idea. She brought me two very big chicken mix cantisters > In those days they were plastic and had the correct diameter. I glued them together bottom to bottom . I then made a bag big enough to fit loosely over the canisters, and filled the space with firmly packed sea weed. On both sides there was a string to pull the bag tightly together. The nice thing about it was that the lid part of the canister could be unscrewed and into it I could fit all my lace equipment, pins scissors, patterns, bobbins and threads. The big advantage was that it wasn't too heavy and very practical. I still have it though I never use it.

Miriam
In Israel

Hi Miriam

This made me wonder if the larger sized cardboard tubes used for postage could be used in the same way. In my case I would wrap felt (woolen underlay for carpeting) around it a few times as I have some of that on hand, but the hollow centre to use as storage - brilliant!

Jenny Brandis
Kununurra Kid
Kununurra, Western Australia

[EMAIL PROTECTED]