Does it need to be waterproof?
Another source: If you have a printing press shop near you - they
could have a roll from the paper in the recycling bin (i.e. to give
you for free). I saw heaps of these at a place in town recently,
hadn't a use for them at the time and passed them by.

Cardboard is not water proof, but I could examine fiberboard.

--
Bev in Sooke BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)