HI Jacquie

I live in the Gerona Province, do you know the name of the place that your friend will be staying at? Does she have e.mail if so give her my e.mail address and get her to contact me otherwise I will give you my phone number off list so that she can ring me once she is here perhaps.

As I am English and learnt to make lace in England I will no doubt work the same way round as your friend does, Your friend will find the Spanish lacemakers work very differently from us English. They work on upright pillows as a general rule and have the foot edge on the left of their work. They hold their bobbins in their hands to make the stitches where we English tend to roll the bobbins across the pillow only lifting them to cross one over the other. Those bobbins not immediately in use on a Spanish just hang to the sides of the cylindrical pillow and can get in a muddle which takes time to unravel when you need to bring some of those bobbins into the work, until you get the hang of things. I have found that when a Spanish lady has tried to copy the way I work she has found it very different, as I found it when using an upright pillow and spanish bobbins held in the hands the first time. It took a bit of getting used to.

I have Christine Springett's current contact details and her latest pattern/book/video/DVD leaflet, I received a couple of patterns from her just last week.

Christine Springett, 8 Strath Close, Rugby, Warwickshire CV21 4GA
tel. 00 44 (0)1788 544691,  e.mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Regards
Jenny DeAngelis
Spain.

<<I have had a conversation with a (hopefully) future student who is shortly
off to Catalonia for three months.  She will be about 45 minutes drive from
Gerona.  Can any Arachnean suggest a lace contact for her.

She has made lace in the past but not for some little while.  She is hoping
to brush up her skills while away, ready to join the class after Christmas.

She is also looking for a video/DVD of lacemaking to work from, but has not
been able to track down a contact number for Christine Springett. I'm fairly confident that one of the UK Arachnes will be able to help me with this one.>>