Dear Clay -- Thank you! I love the idea of being added to your mailing list! As to the other: my entire head, what there is of it, is currently preopted by a wall-hanging that I have only just designed and am making (mixed bobbin- and needle-lace, beige linen and gold metal, 18" diameter). It is entitled "Keeping the Faith" and is going to my son and wife as a wedding-anniversary present (although now that I look at the name in print, the "faith" refers only to religion, not any other kind of faith!!). And speaking of naming our laces, I don't know if you noticed, when you were visiting here, five of my fans hanging up on my wall. I gave each one a name as it was completed, and I just love the idea! (1) "Espalier" (2) "Irises in a Lightning Storm" (3) "Ortolan Pie" (4) "Starry Night" (5) "Gardening in Winter>"... keeps me literate!

Come back soon!  --  Aurelia


And I know JUST the lady to do it!!  :-)

How are you, Miss Aurelia? I've just added you to my mailing list for "Lace at Sweet Briar". You did tell me that it was just too much for you to travel now, but I wanted you to know what we are doing!

Clay

Aurelia Loveman wrote:
Bags (purses) being the hot fashion item this year, one of us ought to come up with a design for a lace bag. -- Aurelia

Browsing through my Harper's Bazaar that arrived today (DH got the subscription free for me - likeI'm a fashion plate!!), I saw that Burberry have a lace overcoat and a lace skirt in their ad, not to my taste. The top with the skirt has crochet collar and cuffs. Then on page 130 entitled "Dark Romance" it says "moody lace and tulle are making a comeback" The lace items include a dress, skirt, Louis Vuitton clutch bag ($12,800) and black lace covered shoes with very high heels by Christian Louboutin ($570).

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to