I am working on a small piece of mimosa I started at convention in Montreal.
It's a triangle which I wil be using in the inset of a v-necked t-shirt.  This
week I will also be starting a piece of Cantu' for a demonstration this
weekend.  The piece is supposed to be an inset, but I think it is perfectly
shaped for a bookmark, so that's what it will become.

  While I am writing, I have to brag.  So far this year I have completed three
lace pieces, a small Bedfordshire heart, a Cantu' mat I started at convention
in Harrisburg two years ago and Louise Colgan's Milanese moon.  This is very
exciting to me, as this is the first year since my daughter was born three
years ago that I have managed to complete anything!  My son who arrived a year
ago also added complications into the lacemaking.

  I have to thank all of you on arachne for being a sort of lace lifeline
during this period.  Even if I wasn't making lace, I was reading about it and
felt myself to be involved in it, even in a small way.  So thank you.

  Cathy Hill
  Newark, DE USA