What's a "wrister"?
Sue M Harvey
Norfolk UK

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Lenore English
Sent: 03 October 2006 01:58
To: Arachne
Subject: Re: [lace] RE: lace activities

In November, the West Michigan Lace Group plans to demo at the
Kalamazoo Valley Museum Festival of Arts.  The KVM is a children's
museum, and the organizers want to have a full range of crafts.  We
demo'd there last year, and we enjoyed it as much as the kids.  We
will have tatting, knitted lace, and I plan to bring my bobbin lace
pillow again.

I am still working the lace on my temporary bolster pillow, I like the
bolster very much.  Someone from the list suggested I pin a small bag
of pebbles to the back to stop it from rolling toward me.  It worked
like a charm, and I keep working on the edging occasionally.

I am trying to teach myself Milanese Lace, and have started a
'sampler'.  I am getting used to finer threads and tensioning without
all the pins I used in Torchon lace.  My sampler is not perfect, the
edges wobble and I have a few twisted threads, but I think I can see
progress, and that is what I'm aiming for.

I update my lace blog whenever I turn a corner, not as often as I'd
like because I've started knitting socks and wristers for birthdays
and Christmas gifting.

Lenore in SW Michigan where thunderstorms are rolling through again.

http://tatt3r-lace.blogspot.com