When I made my Table ribbon I worked it on a roller pillow, with just the start of the pricking pinned down, and the rest hanging out the back. I pinned a plastic bag over that to catch the lace as it came off the roller.

The extra pricking just fed through as I turned the roller, and was much easier to work than having it on a cookie pillow, and moving it up frequently. My design had ends, and a centre that were left open for needlelace inserts, so I could not have a continuous pricking.

I was surprised how well this worked, and am now going to use the rarely used roller pillow more often - Lappets or neck tie would work well using this method, and I am about to start a wide shaped piece on the roller pillow - to save the "Moving Up" effort!

I thought this idea might help others who might wish to work a longer piece with finished ends. Don't be constrained by having to have a continuous pricking pinned down on the roller, just feed your long pricking through, and let it all hang out the back!

Regards from Liz in Melbourne