there is another table cloth on e.bay that purports to have Maltese lace about it but the lace looks to me to be needle lace. I could be wrong as I am no expert on lace recognition, but I definitely don't think it is Maltese at all. What do others think of it.

The table cloth is a huge one and is entitled Irish Linen Banqueting Cloth Maltese Lace Ecru. The number for the item is 150048470968

It is a beautiful cloth but I don't think the description of the lace is correct. The seller says it was bought from an old Irish family and the Irish make needle laces. It seems only natural that this cloth is made up with Irish Needle lace of one kind or another and the lace certainly looks to me like needle lace of some kind.

I found this cloth by just making a search of the whole e.bay site for Maltese Lace, there are some beautiful pieces that come up as a result of such a search but some of them are doubtful in their descriptions about being made with Maltese lace.

Regards
Jenny DeAngelis
Spain.