From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of beth
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 1:39 PM
To: lace@arachne.com
Subject: [lace] translating from French

Hi everyone

I'm translating the text to the final pattern in the Cluny de Brioude
book
-the collar and cuffs-  and I've come across three terms which neither
the
international lace dictionary, my (very large) French-English dictionary
nor
the Petit Larousse Illustre gives me any help with. Can anyone give me a
clue
as to the English equivalents of:
  1. Passee a cheval (some sort of crossing or way to add in pairs in
lace -
I'm sure I've seen it in another lace book, but can't remember which
one)
  2. Viseline (probably interfacing, or a fabric which can be used as
interfacing in dressmaking).
  3. Point de Bourdon (some sort of hemstitch, or embroidery stitch for
joining two pieces of fabric - or a piece of lace to cloth).

  (Excuse the lack of accents - I don't have a French keyboard)

Beth

in Cheshire, England