I am not familiar with the Brioude style for leaves, but from the descriptions, it sounds like the same method that Anny Noben-Slegers uses. I've tried that, and may as well be using the toes on my feet!! It does not work for me at all!! If someone is familiar with Brioude and also with Anny's method of working leaves and talleys, could you tell me if they are one and the same? Just curious.

Clay

Clay Blackwell
Lynchburg, VA  USA

Tess Parrish wrote:
I have been making leaves in the Brioude style for quite a while now. However, I can't bring my right thumb over to pick up the bobbins. ( This has to do with what must be arthritis in the thumb joint.) So, when I turn my right hand over to pick up the bobbin, I grasp it with my two first fingers, not using the thumb at all, and it seems to work just fine. Also, I hook my little fingers around the outside threads of the leaf to hold them taut. I think I may remember that in Brioude they used the first two fingers to hold those threads, but since my thumb is useless I have had to switch things around a bit. I hope this makes sense and helps a bit.

Tess ([EMAIL PROTECTED])