Jean wrote:
>> I'm currently swearing a lot - trying to get the
>> correct colour (yellow or
>> brown) paper string trapped in the correct pair of
>> threads in Eva
>> Kortelahti's sunflower.

[snip]  The swearing's
>> working, and the sunflower is
>> taking shape.

For years I've told my husband the reason he can't fix things is that he
doesn't know the "secret magic words".  On my keyboard they are spelled
"@#$%^&*!!!" and usually uttered as I am fixing plumbing or machinery that
is misbehaving.  For some reason, the heartfelt utterance of these words
seems to be followed by obedient inanimate objects.

The last time I had to call for fiber-y help was when the dog managed to
jump up, knock over the cone of yarn I was knitting from, and start to dash
off with the yarn wrapped around one foot!  I clamped my hands tight on the
knitting and called my husband to come untangle her.

When he finally got her free, I was relieved to see I hadn't lost a stitch.
 Whew.

Lynn Carpenter in SW Michigan, USA
alwen at i2k dot com
http://lost-arts.blogspot.com/