Hi Mary !

If by chance you work Binche lace, then you're in luck... Anny Noben designed a series of little motifs which depict various musical instruments, and they're very pretty. In her book, "Tierisch Flandrisch", Inge Theuerkauf has a very nice bookmark with musical notes surrounding a Lyre.
Clay

mary carey wrote:
Hi All,

Would like to make something for a young friend who will be finishing her Music Degree at the Conservatorium in Sydney this time next year.

Found a treble clef in Veronica Sorenson's book, but I do not particularly like it. Have thought about making a length of braid and placing it on the front of a plain coloured blouse in the desired shape, about the size and position you would put a brooch.

You ladies of much more experience than I may have better suggestions.

Mary Carey
Campbelltown, NSW

Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search now! www.seek.com.au http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Nov06&_m=EXT