I set up a hotmail account specifically for arachne emails a couple of years ago now and have never had any spam (hope I'm not speaking too soon!). Heaven only knows how the spammers decide who to target.

Best wishes
Andrea Lamble

in a bright, sunny but cold Cambridge, UK.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Lace <lace@arachne.com>
Subject: Re: [lace] Deleted messages
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 01:32:09 -0800

Interesting comment re email addresses. I haven't checked the archive website myself. However, I have 7 email addresses (one main and six aliases) and the alias I use for Lace and Chat is the only one I ever get any spam on (and yes, I use the others regularly including for websites, external emails, etc) - my mail all appears nicely colour-coded so it is clear which address any email is sent to without opening it. The spam started immediately (certainly within 1 day) after I sent my first message to arachne from this address ...