I asked for, and received, this book for Christmas a couple of years ago
because I love all point ground laces.  My family was amazed that I was so
happy with it because they were very disappointed when they looked at it!  It's
definitely a study book, not a coffee table book!

  Diane Williams
  Galena, Illinois USA
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

bevw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi all -
There is a wonderful study book on the point ground laces published by OIDFA
"Point Ground Lace - A Comparative Study" - ISBN 0 95406960 9
The book is in chart form listing *23 distinct point ground laces* in 13
regional groupings, including Tønder pre- and post-1900, and Vanha Rauma,
pre- and post-1900.
There are even more p.g. laces, in the lace world. These 23 were the ones
researched by a study group coordinated by Pam Nottingham.

As Ilske mentioned it has a number of fillings for the pricking marking of
the flower in David's pattern.
Interestingly, of the 24 fillings given to represent the whole lot, old
Tønder uses 10 of those shown (6 are for the particular pricking marking, 3
are what I know as honeycomb (i.e. Buckspoint h-c filling), 1 is on a real
honeycomb dotted scheme, and 1 is a diamond type scheme), and new Tønder
just 2, the Buckspoint type honeycomb.

There is an extensive bibliography, listing sources written in Czech,
Danish, Dutch, English, German, French, Slovenian and Spanish. 72 of the
titles are marked as history references :)
68 are marked as technical reference!

The student of lace history would find this booklet an excellent resource. I
bought it because I adore the point ground laces :)).

--
Bev in Sooke BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)
blogging lace at www.looonglace.blogspot.com