Finally got around to looking at the Tonder lace, thank you Barbara for
putting it up.  It may have been mentioned already and I missed it, but what
is the ground shown in the middle of the large flower called?

<I've added a
nice, sharp photo of the same lace we've been looking at--this
is a photo I
took of one of Gunvor's samples last June when she was in
Portland. I think it
shows the filling in the flowers quite clearly.
http://homepage.mac.com/bejoyce/OldLace/

Barbara>

Thanks for the nice
comments on my new website.  My DD told me I had over 900 hits on the day it
was unveiled on Arachne. I will try to have a new "old" pattern for February.
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois,
USA
http://jblace.wordpress.com/
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/